AEF 2017 comes to Denmark
The 19th Annual Africa
Energy Forum (AEF) will take place from 7-9 June
2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Nineteen years in the running, AEF brings together senior-level representatives
from governments, utilities, regulators, power developers, financial
institutions, technology providers, consultants, law firms and large energy
consumers to form partnerships, identify opportunities and collectively move
the industry forward.
AEF 2016 attracted 2,100 participants from 80 countries, 32 of those being
African. In addition, 5 major energy deals and mergers were announced at AEF
2016 in London, demonstrating the role of the conference as a platform for
AEF in Denmark will explore the appetite for Nordic investments into
Africa, as well as showcasing the technologies being utilised to manage cities
cleanly and cost effectively – and the potential to transfer some of these
examples to African nations.
new for 2017?
This year’s AEF will feature a Platinum agenda which will focus on bringing together
senior government representatives, head of utilities and key private sector
investors in open floor discussions on how the public and private sector should
be working together to mobilise investments for current projects more
efficiently & effectively.
With over 120 speakers are confirmed to date, including:
- H.E. Hon Dr. Seleshi Bekele, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Electricity, Ethiopia
- H.E. Honourable Advocate Sadique
Kebonang, Minister of Mineral
Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security Botswana
- Alexandre Santos, President, Association of Mediterranean Energy Regulators
(MEDREG), Member of the Board of Directors, of the ERSE, Portugal
- Ministry of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment, Morocco
- Moncef Harrabi, Chief Executive Officer, Tunisian Company of Electricity and Gas
- Ifey Ikeonu, Former Chairperson, ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory
- Hisham Sallam, Second Secretary, Embassy of Egypt in Denmark
- Dr. Mateus Magala, Chairman of the Boards of Directors, EDM – Mozambique,
- Emmanuel Antwi-Dark, Chief Executive Officer, Volta River Authority, Ghana
- William Amuna, Chief Executive Officer, GRIDCo, Ghana
- Omar Vajeth, Head – SAPP Project Advisory Unit, Southern African Power Pool
AEF 2017 will host an exclusive Golf day at the
Royal Championship Golf Club in Copenhagen. The Royal Golf Club is a premier
international 18 hole golf course, designed by the retired Senior Chief
designer at Jack Nicklaus; Ron Kirby. This is a fantastic opportunity to begin
networking in an informal & relaxed environment, whilst enjoying the beautiful
landscapes of this championship course. To register your interest please
contact us quoting
GOLF in the subject line
networking functions and Danish site visits are all in the
pipeline, including a pre-AEF networking excursion on 6th June, so watch this
Members of the Finnish Venture Capital Association are entitled to a 15% discount off on our gold pass.